Can you smell spring in the air? Knocking on our door we are longing for light and are ready to spend time outside where nature is waking up and everything is slowly starting to bloom. Sounds idyllic, am I right?
However there is another side of the coin for some of us. All this beautiful blossoming nature means pollen and other allergens in the air, which means these allergens get everywhere; in our hair, eyes, skin, clothes and on our pets. The best way to prevent itchy skin is to keep away from these allergens, but we all know that is nearly impossible.
So we have gathered 5 tips how to keep it under control as much as one can!
1. Most of us can't wait to go outside. Not to worsen our allergy check the pollen level before leaving your house. Many forecasts provide the necessary information, bear in mind that dawn and dusk are high pollen risks. If you can avoid the high risk times of day - try and do so.
2. Leave your shoes and jackets by the door. Wash your clothes, scarves often so they do not to store allergens. This time particularly wash your bedding once a week to prevent any dust mites or other allergens cause you to feel uncomfortable even when you are sleeping. There are various pillow, duvet and matrasses covers. Do you have a pet that enjoys being outside? Brushing their fur frequently is a must as the pollen stays in their fur and they bring it inside your home.
3. Eat clean! Once spring arrives the human body, and therewith your skin is naturally ready for detoxing from the winter. Add lots of green vegetables into your meals and do not hesitate to add fresh herbs such as parsley, mint, and nettle. Stay hydrated so the toxins can be rinsed out from your body.
4. Drink tea! Why don’t you try Nettle and Rooibos? The nettle tea is recommended as a part of detoxing and it is very often beneficial for people suffering for hayfever and eczema because of the antihistamine and anti-inflammatory qualities. Rooibos tea, besides having a calming effect and not containing caffeine can help with itchy kin, eczema and acne because of alpha hydroxyl acid, which is beneficial for your skin.
5. Stick with your cleansing routine. Cleanse your face after coming inside so the allergens won’t irritate it. Use Salcura Bioskin DermaSerum for your face if it is itchy or red. It is a wonderful little tube that you can easily carry in your handbag or pop in the glove department in your car to have it with you when you need to use it. It is excellent to calm your itchy eyelids and nose. For those who suffer with itchy skin on the body we have our hero product Bioskin DermaSpray or for our precious little ones there is the Bioskin Junior Nourishing Spray. Spray it on and off you go - itch free!